Does the drainage charge cover the cost of maintaining drains on my property?

The Waterways and Drainage Charge does not cover the cost of looking after drains on your individual property. You are responsible for maintaining drains that connect to stormwater up to their point of connection with your local council's drainage infrastructure near your property boundary.

Similarly, you are responsible for maintaining plumbing and fixtures on your property up to the connection with our sewer branch, which is usually located inside your property boundary. South East Water maintains the sewer up to this connection point where your property pipe work begins.

Was this article helpful?


That’s embarrassing, sorry we couldn’t help.
Please let us know how we can improve this answer.

Please email us if you need to contact us further about your enquiry.