When should I call the faults and emergencies line?

You can view planned improvements and emergency works online through South East Water LIVE -  an interactive map showing real-time works updates, and estimated resolution times.

Use our Report a leak online form to quickly and easily advise us of the following:

  • leaks located on roadways, naturestrips, fire hydrants or fire plugs (usually located below the ground)
  • missing or leaking stop taps, (this tap is located on the meter and turns off water to your house)

However, if you believe a matter is urgent contact our faults and emergencies team on 132 812.

The following cannot be reported online, please contact our faults and emergencies team

  • your water has a funny taste or smell, or is no longer clear
  • your water pressure has suddenly increased or decreased
  • you’ve lost your water supply
  • a sewer manhole on your property has wastewater seeping out, or the lid is cracked or broken (a sewer manhole has a round circular lid and is big enough to fit a person inside)
  • there is wastewater overflowing from a fitting or outlet outside your home, or from your shower or toilet
  • you can smell an odour resembling sewage
  • you have spotted a missing or damaged cover on a fire hydrant or fire plug.

Faults and emergencies 132 812 or send us an email

Was this article helpful?


That’s embarrassing, sorry we couldn’t help.
Please let us know how we can improve this answer.

Please email us if you need to contact us further about your enquiry.