I have a concession card, can I get a discount?

South East Water administers concession discounts on behalf of the Department of Health and Human Services in consolation with Centrelink and the Department of Veterans Affairs.

If you hold one of the following cards you may be eligible for a discount on your water account:

  • Pensioner Concession
  • Health Care Card 
  • Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card (except those marked 'Dependant')
The following cards are not eligible for a discount:
  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
  • Victorian Seniors Card

For more information on eligibility please see the Department of Health and Human Services website.

How do I apply for a discount?

You can register your card online through mySouthEastWater (if you haven't registered yet it's quick and easy, all you need is a copy of your bill). Alternatively you can complete a registration form and email it to support@sew.com.au or call us on 131 851.

Other important criteria:
  • You must be the primary card holder (your name is listed first on the concession card).
  • You must be responsible for the payment of the South East Water account.
  • Centrelink must have the address listed on the South East Water account as your principal place of residence.

Once your concession has been validated, the discount will automatically be applied to future bills as long as the card remains eligible. There is no need to update your card when it expires, we will automatically check with Centrelink to make sure it’s still valid.

Please remember: if you hold an eligible concession card, be sure to let us know when you move house so you can continue to receive your discount.



Was this article helpful?


That’s embarrassing, sorry we couldn’t help.
Please let us know how we can improve this answer.

Please email us if you need to contact us further about your enquiry.